Welcome to Year 3!
In Year 3 the class teachers are Miss Blaxley (3AB) and Mrs Bragg (3EB). Mrs Carter provides PPA cover on Thursday afternoons in 3AB and on Friday mornings in 3EB.
Miss Fyfe is the Teaching Assistant for Year 3 and Mrs Guest also works with the children in Year 3. We are a team dedicated to teaching innovative and exciting lessons, and helping children grow.
Please take a look at our class page, we add to it weekly to show you what we have been learning.
P.E. is on Wednesdays and Thursdays for 3EB, and Tuesdays and Wednesday for 3AB this half term (Spring 2).
End of Year Expectations in Year 3
- Choose nouns and adjectives for clarity and cohesion
- Use conjunctions, adverbs and possessions to express time, cause and place
- Spell words that are often misspelt from the yr3-4 list
- Use a dictionary to check a spelling
- Use appropriate handwriting joins, including unjoined letters
- Adopt the features of existing texts to shape own writing E.G instructions
- Use simple organisational devices in non fiction
- Organise paragraphs around a theme E.G similar content together
- Develop details of characters, settings & plots in stories e.g. length/ word types
- Proof read own work for spellings and punctuation errors
- Compare & order numbers up to 1000.
- Read & write all numbers to 1000 in digits and words.
- Find 10 or 100 more/less than a given number.
- Count from 0 in multiples of 4, 8, 50 and 100.
- Recall & use multiplication & division facts for 3, 4, 8 tables.
- Recognise place value of any 3-digit number.
- Add and subtract:
- 3-digit nos and ones
- 3-digit nos and tens
- 3-digit nos and hundreds
- Numbers with up to 3-digits using written columnar method.
- Estimate and use inverse to check.
- Multiply 2-digit by 1-digit numbers
- Count up/down in tenths.
- Compare and order fractions with same denominator.
- Add and subtract fractions with same denominator with whole.
- Tell time using 12 and 24 hour clocks; and using Roman numerals.
- Tell time to nearest minute.