PSHE (Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education) is a crucial element of our curriculum at Southglade Primary School and underpins everything that we do.
In summary, PSHE education provides opportunities to learn about :
- Relationships: including developing and maintaining positive relationships and dealing with negative relationships. .
- Developing independence, resilience and responsibility: including preparing children and young people to face life’s challenges and make the most of life’s opportunities.
- Health: including healthy lifestyles, healthy eating and exercise; mental and emotional health; drug, alcohol and tobacco education.
- Managing risk: including understanding personal safety and online safety; financial choices and risks; appreciating the value of taking risks in certain situations (e.g. entrepreneurial risks).
- Economic wellbeing: including the role of money, influences on our use of money, gambling, careers education
- Employability skills: including learning about enterprise, business and finance. Developing the skills and attributes to succeed at work, including communication skills and confidence.