Read/ listen to Chapter 7 and 8 and answer the following questions:
1. Why did Toothless bite Hiccup on the arm? (Chapter 7)
2. What can you tell about Hiccup’s feelings towards Toothless? (Chapter 7)
3. Why does Hiccup start being so nice to Toothless? (Chapter 8)
4. What do Dogsbreath and Snotlout think of Hiccup and Fishlegs’s dragons? (Chapter 8)
Use chapter 7 and 8 to think about the vocabulary used in the book and answer the following questions:
1. What does ‘plume’ mean? (Chapter 7)
2. Which word on p.96 means very wet? (Chapter 8)
3. Which phrase on p.100 means that Hiccup is really fed up of Toothless’s behaviour? (Chapter 8)
What is a preposition?
A preposition shows the relationship between people, places or things in a sentence. e.g. in, on, over, under, above, below, through.
What is a prepositional phrase?
A phrase which contains a preposition e.g. under the carpet, behind the door.
Complete 1 or 2 activities from the preposition activity booklet - I will put this booklet up again next week, so no need to complete every activity!
Use talk for writing to help you learn the WAGOLL (What A Good One Looks Like) text. Remember, in class we use actions and draw pictures on a story mapto help us remember the text.