Welcome to Year 3!
In Year 3 the class teachers are Mrs Morton and Miss Blaxley. Mrs Short provides PPA cover on Wednesday morning in 3M and Thursdays in 3B.
The Teaching Assistants for the Lower Key Stage 2 phase are Mrs Adams, Mrs Gormley, Mrs Miller and Miss Fyfe. We are a team dedicated to teaching innovative and exciting lessons and helping children to grow.
Please have a look at our class page, we add to it weekly to show you what we have been learning.
P.E. is on Wednesdays for 3M and Thursdays for 3B this half term.
End of Year Expectations in Year 3
- Choose nouns and adjectives for clarity and cohesion
- Use conjunctions, adverbs and possessions to express time, cause and place
- Spell words that are often misspelt from the yr3-4 list
- Use a dictionary to check a spelling
- Use appropriate handwriting joins, including unjoined letters
- Adopt the features of existing texts to shape own writing E.G instructions
- Use simple organisational devices in non fiction
- Organise paragraphs around a theme E.G similar content together
- Develop details of characters, settings & plots in stories e.g. length/ word types
- Proof read own work for spellings and punctuation errors
- Compare & order numbers up to 1000.
- Read & write all numbers to 1000 in digits and words.
- Find 10 or 100 more/less than a given number.
- Count from 0 in multiples of 4, 8, 50 and 100.
- Recall & use multiplication & division facts for 3, 4, 8 tables.
- Recognise place value of any 3-digit number.
- Add and subtract:
- 3-digit nos and ones
- 3-digit nos and tens
- 3-digit nos and hundreds
- Numbers with up to 3-digits using written columnar method.
- Estimate and use inverse to check.
- Multiply 2-digit by 1-digit numbers
- Count up/down in tenths.
- Compare and order fractions with same denominator.
- Add and subtract fractions with same denominator with whole.
- Tell time using 12 and 24 hour clocks; and using Roman numerals.
- Tell time to nearest minute.