Year 3 Blogging
Year 3 love learning!
Check out what we've been learning this week by clicking the link below.
End of Year Expectations in Year 3
- Choose nouns and adjectives for clarity and cohesion
- Use conjunctions, adverbs and possessions to express time, cause and place
- Spell words that are often misspelt from the yr3-4 list
- Use a dictionary to check a spelling
- Use appropriate handwriting joins, including unjoined letters
- Adopt the features of existing texts to shape own writing E.G instructions
- Use simple organisational devices in non fiction
- Organise paragraphs around a theme E.G similar content together
- Develop details of characters, settings & plots in stories e.g. length/ word types
- Proof read own work for spellings and punctuation errors
- Compare & order numbers up to 1000.
- Read & write all numbers to 1000 in digits and words.
- Find 10 or 100 more/less than a given number.
- Count from 0 in multiples of 4, 8, 50 and 100.
- Recall & use multiplication & division facts for 3, 4, 8 tables.
- Recognise place value of any 3-digit number.
- Add and subtract:
- 3-digit nos and ones
- 3-digit nos and tens
- 3-digit nos and hundreds
- Numbers with up to 3-digits using written columnar method.
- Estimate and use inverse to check.
- Multiply 2-digit by 1-digit numbers
- Count up/down in tenths.
- Compare and order fractions with same denominator.
- Add and subtract fractions with same denominator with whole.
- Tell time using 12 and 24 hour clocks; and using Roman numerals.
- Tell time to nearest minute.