PSHE (Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education) is a crucial element of our curriculum at Southglade Primary School and underpins everything that we do.
In summary, PSHE education provides opportunities to learn about :
- Relationships: including developing and maintaining positive relationships and dealing with negative relationships. .
- Developing independence, resilience and responsibility: including preparing children and young people to face life’s challenges and make the most of life’s opportunities.
- Health: including healthy lifestyles, healthy eating and exercise; mental and emotional health; drug, alcohol and tobacco education.
- Managing risk: including understanding personal safety and online safety; financial choices and risks; appreciating the value of taking risks in certain situations (e.g. entrepreneurial risks).
- Economic wellbeing: including the role of money, influences on our use of money, gambling, careers education
- Employability skills: including learning about enterprise, business and finance. Developing the skills and attributes to succeed at work, including communication skills and confidence.
Southglade Primary School follows the Christopher Winter Project when teaching RSE lessons. RSE is taught during the Summer term and you will be informed when these lessons are going to take place. You will be given the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about this area of the curriculum to your child's class teacher or our PSHE Co-ordinators Mrs Morton and Miss Smith.