Resilience (Spring 1)
This half term's Learning Value is Resilience, which has never been so important for the children as they learn from home. Please visit your child's class page to access lessons promoting resilience.
Some ways you can promote this value at home are:
- Teaching children how to problem solve by giving them the opportunity to work things out for themselves.
- Allowing children to make mistakes and learn from them
- Helping children to manage their emotions and stay calm in stressful situations.
- Model resilience
Here is a list of useful books which promote resilience:
- The Tiny Seed, Eric Carle
- The Most Magnificent Thing, Ashley Spires
- After the Fall (How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again), Dan Santat
- How to Catch a Star, Oliver Jeffers
- The Thing Lou Couldn’t Do, Ashley Spires
- The Dot, Peter. H. Reynolds