Autumn 2 (Kindness)
Our important figure linked with 'Kindness' is Mother Teresa. Children will learn about how she represents the Kindness Learning Value.
This half term children will be encouraged to:
- Recognise kindness
- Complete random acts of kindness
- Understand the importance of showing kindness and how this impacts emotional wellbeing
- To show empathy and compassion towards others
Some ways that you can promote this value at home are:
- Model kindness
- Creating a “ways to be helpful” book
- Acknowledge/reward kindness when you notice it in your child
- Encourage children to do things for others
- Encourage children to put themselves in the place of others.