Children will be encouraged to:
- Take ownership over their learning
- Organise their own learning resources
- Make their own decisions and avoid succumbing to peer pressure
Characteristics of independent learners include:
- Curiosity – Independent learners want to find out more about the world. They are proactive and find ways to access additional lesson supplements on their own.
- Self-motivation –Independent learners are motivated by setting internal goals to achieve. They are driven by their own personal achievement.
- Personal Responsibility –Independent learners know how to evaluate themselves, can see their strengths and weaknesses and strive for measurable progress and often chart their accomplishments and failures.
- Persistence and resilience – Independent learners don't give up. They strive to understand a concept as much as possible on their own before asking for help.